U-5 - Jamboree One with One Organization
Jamboree One with One is the combination of two different formats that, put together, will provide the best possible introduction to soccer for our youngest players. In AYSO soccer, a jamboree means that teams are formed on a weekly basis depending on how many players attend a given session. One with one refers to the concept that each player will have a parent (or other adult) working with them on the field.
A "Master Coach" will lead each session. The "master coach" will introduce a game/activity that will practice a certain skill or part of the game using explanation and demonstration. Each pair (player/parent) will then attempt the activity while the master coach circulates between pairs providing specific help or suggestions so that the activities are performed as intended. After a suitable amount of time, the "master coach" will bring the players and parents back together as a group and recap what they have done, introducing the next game/activity.
Each Jamboree One with One session will end with a 20 minute short-sided game (3 v 3). Details regarding the game are explained later in this document. Most importantly allow the players to play without coaching or teaching them as this experience is designed to expose them to soccer, not to begin developing them. The two goals of the program are to allow the players to enjoy the activities and to let the game be the teacher.
U-5 Program Guidelines:
- Every effort should be made to institute a U-5 division separate from U-6, as there are significant social, emotional and physiological differences between U-5 and U-6 players
- AYSO's membership year begins on August 1 each year and extends to the following July 31. The effective date of age determination shall be the player’s age as of July 31st immediately prior to the start of the membership year. Players who have reached the age of four as of this date are eligible to participate—NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Every effort should be made to have separate girls and boys divisions.
- The Jamboree One With One format described within this document is the preferred program and should be followed when offering the U-5 program.
- The U-5 program consists of one day per week of the Jamboree One with One program for 10 weeks.